Blog

United Technologies Pension Fund to commit to real estate funds

by Clare Bowden

  • 15 Dec 2010
  • PE
  • RE

The USD 28 billion private sector pension fund plans to commit to between five and eight private real estate funds in 2011, investing USD 300 million across the vehicles. United Technologies Pension Fund will only target US-focused vehicles and 80% of commitments will be made to core funds with the remaining 20% going to value added vehicles.

It has committed to six private real estate vehicles this year. The private sector pension fund has a target allocation of 5.5% to real estate and currently has 5% invested in the asset class. 80% of its allocation is invested in direct real estate, 10% in core real estate funds and 10% in private equity real estate funds.

The information in this blog is taken from Preqin’s Real Estate Online product, on which there are currently profiles for over 390 private sector pension funds with an active interest in real estate .

Continue browsing industry reports, publications, conferences, blogs and more on Preqin Insights