Poland-Based Private Equity Fund Managers - October 2012

by Kamarl Simpson

  • 17 Oct 2012
  • PE

There are 21 Poland-based fund managers currently tracked by Preqin’s Fund Manager Profiles database. Collectively, these private equity firms have raised €3.7bn over the last 10 years and have an estimated €1.3bn available in dry powder. Of these firms, 86% are headquartered in the capital Warsaw, with the remaining fund managers based in Gdansk, Lodz and Kraków.

In terms of investment strategy, the majority of the firms generally target either venture capital or buyout opportunities. Preqin’s latest data shows that 24% of the Poland-based private equity focus solely on venture capital financing, and the remaining 76% seek buyout investment opportunities either exclusively or as a part of their overall investment strategy.

The top three Poland-based firms in terms of total capital raised in the past 10 years are Enterprise Investors, Abris Capital Partners and Innova Capital. Together, the three firms have raised an aggregate €2.7bn in capital over the last decade, representing 74% of the total commitments raised by all 21 of the Poland-based fund managers across this period. The top three firms collectively also have an estimated €1.1bn available in dry powder.

Enterprise Investors actively seeks both venture capital and mid-market buyout projects across a wide range of industry sectors in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE). The firm is currently marketing the seventh buyout fund in its series, Polish Enterprise Fund VII, targeting €826mn.

Abris Capital Partners makes buyout investments, specifically focusing on industrial, commercial and service businesses that have a strong regional presence in CEE. Abris Capital Partners has offices in Warsaw, Bucharest , and Kiev that allow the firm to draw on local and international networks across CEE to develop their portfolio companies.

Innova Capital has a preference for mid-market companies within Central, Eastern, or South-Central Europe, primarily in the EU accession countries. It invests in energy, construction, media, financial services, telecoms and other business services but also examines selected opportunities in the manufacturing sector.

Continue browsing industry reports, publications, conferences, blogs and more on Preqin Insights