Blog

Caution Prevails in the PERE Universe

by Stuart Taylor

  • 27 Jan 2010
  • PE
  • RE

Preqin’s latest real estate investor survey has revealed that a significant number of private equity real estate investors are uncertain of when their next commitment to the industry will be. Of those that expected to invest in 2010, 58% expected to invest in the first half of the year and the remaining 42% were unsure or had not decided. This shows that many investors are being vigilant and are waiting for the right opportunities to present themselves rather than being proactive and setting timeframes for fund commitments. Of those that declared they would invest in H1 2010, only a small number could specify in which quarter this would be.

Full details of this survey are available in this month’s Real Estate Spotlight.

Continue browsing industry reports, publications, conferences, blogs and more on Preqin Insights